Somewhere in the last week I changed my mind about my next step. Rather then cool my heels for a time here in DC while waiting for Angela to return to Cape Town then migrating there, I decided that it makes more sense to get out there and stop treading water here in DC. I still have to wait a bit as I have an outpatient Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS) schedule for April 8th and that will require at least 3 days of recovery time. To digress for those of you who are wondering, this surgery won’t solve my problems, but it might help me to keep from having regular sinus infections if my allergies become uncontrollable. I figure I should do this before I spend an extended period of time traveling and while I medical insurance (although thanks to congress it may be affordable to keep until I find new coverage).
Current plans are to try and get out of town on or around the 15th of April or Tax Day. There still lots of work and plans to be resolved before then, but it’s at least a goal. As far as where, plan A involves going to Rwanda where Angela is now and spending time with her before going to Burundi where my brother is followed by eventually moving to Cape Town. Plan B involves the reverse of Angela and Andrew but staying on the Cape Town move. I haven’t figured those logistics out yet, as I still have a lot locally to coordinate.
Needless to say I’ll be posting here as ideas, pictures, movies, and developments come along.